I'm not sure how many here actually use Raqcop anymore but if you do, you noticed that you cannot reach it any longer. The domain expired in October and I have not gotten any response from Brian who has owned the domain since 2007 and gave me free run of it since he is self employed and has had to work impossible hours to stay in business during a soft economy. These days, I can only assume the man is still among the living as I have not been successful in getting a reply from him by either voicemail or email.
I am not allowed to transfer the domain since it only recently expired.
As far as Cobalt x86 hardware goes, I have not fully been able to port the Cobalt patch to the newer kernels as so much has changed but I am close now if it is in fact worth it. My test builds as of yet run the latest IPCop kernel but without the Cobalt patch, only the e100 checksum patch. It runs fine but does not have the Cobalt section of System Info since there are no /proc/cobalt entries without the Cobalt patch (originally from the 2.4 kernel but ported to 2.6 by Jeff Walter originally) and the 3000 series hang on reboot needing one to toggle the power switch, otherwise boots and runs fine off of the unpatched but custom configured Cobalt kernel. My 550 is still running the last stable version from a few years ago so I have not tested it with the more virgin kernel of my test builds. Recent kernels allow one to embed a custom command line in the kernel. Since the unpatched kernel cannot see the command line that the Cobalt Rom sends, I simply embedded the command line in the kernel to activate the serial console so you can watch it boot via console as always.
A few years ago I ended up with some Symantec Appliances that feature Celeron 4 and DDR ram so I made a custom version of IPCop that also has the graph mods of Raqcop meaning there are hourly graphs as well as a link quality graph which I merely adapted from Allan Kissack's mods so he designed them and gets credit. The boot loader also sets up the serial console right out of the gate at 115k. The only kernel mod I have done at all is adding pae support as I want to see if the newer Intel processors with gobs of ram will work in 32 bit with pae. So far as I know, the newer 64 bit intels support pae. One of my i5 processor boxes has 16GB of ram. Visualize a flash install with 8GB or more of ram and a box that seldom gets rebooted and all that proxy cache in /ram rather than a physical disk. The other obvious option is to port IPCop to 64 bit but I'm sure it is not a trivial undertaking.
As far as the previous adaptation, it needs a name other than Symcop as I intend it to be used anywhere a serial console is desired and PAE support. I will use powerful fanless heatsinked platforms in the near future as it is now feasible to have a quiet computer room.
For those who have not run recent SVN IPCop builds, the Webkit rendering problem is gone now. I am not sure if updating cgi did it or if someone quietly fixed it. I can't see any other change in the diffs that should do it. I've tested it on Chrome, the new Opera browsers based on Chromium, Qupzilla etc, all Webkit engined browsers.
I am contemplating coming up with another domain and continuing what I have been doing the last 9 years. Just thought someone would like to know that I did not just disappear with no explanation. I did backup the entire Raqcop website to tarball since I still have sftp privileges to the hosting machine itself and the raqcop folder in the /home directory via Brian's Techninjaz domain.
Cobalt Raq550 running Raqcop (IPCop for Cobalts) 2.1.9
Pentium III 1.26ghz 1GB ram
16x2 White Oled Display
2 UDMA CF to IDE adapters Raid1.
2 Transcend Ind Grade CF cards 512MB.
Actiontec GT701 ADSL Modem in Bridge Mode.